Suspended slab garages are easy to include and maintain if done correctly. Here are some common questions contractors have asked me over the past 15 years:
- How do I waterproof the garage floor to prevent water leaking into the finished space below?
- If I set the spandeck down in a foundation shelf, my ceiling height in the room below is too low. What can I do?
- Where do I need to place joints in the topping slab?
- Can I core-drill through the spandeck slab?
- How do I get a flue or plumbing pipes through the spandeck slabs?
- How do I finish the ceiling below the spandeck?
- How do I get heat runs or other utilities into the space beneath the spandeck?
- Can I place window or door openings in the foundation bearing wall?
- What money-saving tips can I offer my owners?
In Our Services
- We provide engineering for the building permit if required by your city or country.
- We provide certificates of insurance and licensing for the general contractor.
- We will counsel you in the design (size, layout, wall heights) of your garage to get the most space for your money.
- We provide a free estimate and will show you ways to save money on your project.
- We will give you plenty of ideas for how to use all that extra space!
- We work with your foundation contractor to answer any questions.
- We will come and measure your foundation to provide the best fit possible.
- We provide and install a quality, engineered product.
- We will continue to answer any questions regarding waterproofing; core-drilling through the slabs for wiring, pipes, flues, etc.; attaching framing or finishing the underside of the slabs; jointing the topping slab; and any other questions or concerns you may have.